When one sport informs another . . . where's your center? Paddleboarding, yoga and cycling

I love this question. I began thinking about it while cycling. I haven't cycled very much this summer, but why do I feel so strong and have so much cardio despite the heat and humidity?

Why do I feel more balanced? Why do my standing yoga poses (on land and in the studio) feel so much easier and grounded? I can hold them longer in comfort and relaxation.

Nothing hurts. My muscles are long and lean.

The only thing I did differently this year from past years was lots of SUP (Stand up Paddleboard). What I call "simple SUP". Just paddleboarding at a relaxed easy pace for an hour (or two) several times a week. Even 30 minutes feels good if that's all you've got time for, or if a thunderstorm rolls in and you have to get off the water.

The results of simple SUP, something I find just plain fun and easy, are amazing.

When one sport or practice informs another, they are complements to each other. Athletes call it cross-training.

When one sport or activity informs another, and improves your performance and feels good . . . where's your center?

It's in balance! There's harmony and good flow in your body and mind.
Enjoy the many benefits of SUP (Stand up Paddleboard)!
Happy trails.
I wish you safe, peaceful, and happy trails on land and water.
The BaffinPaddler

Comments

Popular Posts

Poison Ivy and Your Pet!

One cigarette butt contaminates up to 50 liters of water

The magic of camping and kayaking at Bon Echo Provincial Park, Mazinaw Rock, Ontario, Canada! Get your bug suit on!

Cycling one of America's most beautiful beaches: Fort De Soto Park, Florida

Does my Ironman Tremblant T-shirt make me look fat?